Language Exchange International

Copyright © Language Exchange International, Inc.

What do I do if my Visa is denied?

If your student Visa is denied, you must notify our school immediately about the denial.  Call 561-.368-3913 or email us at

Many students transfer to Language Exchange International of fairly regular basis.  

  1. You will need to sign the Transfer Form from Language Exchange International and send it to the school that you attended last.  The school will complete the form and send it directly to the Director of Admissions at LEI.  
  2. The Director of Admissions at LEI will explain the second step in the process of completing the transfer.  

  3. Remember, there is a grace period provided by Immigration requiring you to enroll at Language Exchange International before that grace period expires.  Visit the SEVIS INFORMATION website for more information.

I have a Student Visa and an I-20 through another school. Can I transfer to Language Exchange International?

Do I need a student Visa to study at Language Exchange International?

​In order to apply for a student Visa (F1) at an American Embassy or Consulate in your home country, you must first receive an I-20 form from our school.  In order to receive an I-20 you must submit the following documentation to us:

  • Complete the on-line Application for Admission found on the Registration Page on this web-site.  Please be sure to indicate the desired start date of your program, which can be any Monday, but in advance to allow you enough time to prepare all the documentation for the Visa application and interview.
  • Copy of your passport's biometrics page.  If you have dependents (husband or wife, children who will travel with you to the USA, you need to submit copies of their passport's biometrics pages.

  • Proof of financial stability.  As a student with an F1 Visa you will not be authorized to work in the United States.  For that reason, you must prove to the U.S. government that you have sufficient financial resources to sustain you while studying here.  In order to calculate the amount of money you should have on your financial statement,  count of $1,000.00 for living expenses monthly, plus tuition.  If you have a sponsor and that can be a family member or friend who is willing to support you during your studies in the United States, that person must show $1,500.00 for living expenses monthly plus tuition.  A sponsor must also complete and sign theAffidavit of Financial Support.  To prove your sponsors financial stability you must submit a recent copy (no older than 30 days) of the sponsors bank statement which clearly shows the following information:  the bank account holder's name, the date of the bank statement, and the amount of money in the account which may be in a foreign currency.

  • Payment of non-refundable registration fee in the amount of $125.00.  That fee can be paid on-line and through this website on the Payment Section.  

  • Make sure you have completed the section on theRegistration Form that will indicate where you want your I-20 mailed.  

  • You are required to have the original I-20 when you go to the American Consulate to apply for the student Visa. We strongly recommend that you have the I-20 mailed from our office via FedEx or UPS and there is a cost of $100.00 for this service which can also be paid on-line through our payment service.  If you prefer and have planned sufficient time, we will mail your I-20 via regular mail for which there is no charge.  Consider the time in delivering regular mail and the possibility of loss. This of course will significantly delay your Visa application and processing.

  • Upon receipt of the ALL the above documentation, which must be complete and accurate, within two to three business days our Director of Admissions will issue the I-20 and will send it to you.

  • Upon receipt of the I-20 you must sign it and then pay SEVIS i-901 fee.  For additional information about the   SEVIS i-901 fee, visit their website:  SEVIS Information.

  • After this process has been completed you can then make an appointment for a Visa interview at a local American Consulate.  This is required and remember to have your supporting documentation as enumerated previously.

How can I apply for a student Visa before I come to study at Language Exchange International?

According to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), if the main purpose of your visit to the United States is studying, you should apply for a student Visa (F1).  Student Visa holders study at least 18 hours weekly, so be prepared to be diligent about coming to class regularly, as attendance is a big part of maintaining your student status.  If you are planning on improving your English while enjoying a vacation in beautiful South Florida, and want a short and less intensive program that will not be as strict about attendance, you can enroll in our school on a tourist Visa.  For additional information about student Visas please visit:   

 US Government Visas and study of English.

Frequently asked Questions and Answers.